McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act

If your family lives in:

  • A shelter, motel, vehicle or campground
  • On the street
  • Doubled up with friends or relatives because you cannot find or afford housing
  • An abandoned building, travel trailer or other inadequate accommodations

Your children can still go to school. Your preschool-age and school-age children have the right to go to school no matter where you live or how long you’ve lived there. Homeless children must be given access to the same education provided to all children.

For help in getting your child into school, call the Kearsley Community Schools Administration Building at (810) 591-7611.

If you need further assistance, call the National Center for Homeless Education at (800) 308-2145.